Seymour Church gives glory to God by following the Father’s call to become mature through Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit. The Administrative Board exists to advance this purpose of Seymour Church by administering the ministries and supervising the staff of the church.
Three (3) administrative elders and three (3) administrative deacons, together with the Senior Pastor, will serve on the Administrative Board. The elders and deacons will be selected through the approved nomination process and serve a three-year term.
The Chair of Council will serve as the chairperson of the Administrative Board.
The administrative elder who serves as the clerk of Council will also serve as the clerk of the Administrative Board.
The administrative elder who serves as vicar of the will also serve as vicar for the Administrative Board.
The administrative deacon who serves as chairman of the deacons will also serve on the Administrative Board.
The administrative deacon who serves as secretary to the deacons will also serve on the Administrative Board.
The administrative deacon designated as treasurer will serve on the Administrative Board.
The Administrative Board will ordinarily meet on the second Monday in the months of January, March, May, July, September, and November. The meetings will begin at 7 PM.
The Administrative Board is directly accountable to the Council of Seymour Church to which it will report by means of a set of minutes.
The responsibilities of the Administrative Board include the following:
- Pray for the staff, ministries and mission of Seymour Church.
- Conduct its work according to the Church Order of the Christian Reformed Church.
- Exercise discerning supervision and oversight to the ministry and office staff.
- Exercise discerning supervision and oversight to the work of all standing committees of the church.
- Appoint liaisons to each standing committee.
- Oversee the budget process.
- Act as the executive committee of Council in appropriate situations.